Re: [livecode] can we adopt these two?

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 19:54:46 +0100

2009/12/2 Click Nilson <clicksonnil_at_gmail.com>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9gp9oyn0NE&NR=1

I find it striking that you can evidently be so very "toplap" while not
involving "public thought".

I propose that we commission them to lead a performance where the audience
is instructed to edit the manifesto, according to given rules. Judges will
continually verify that this performance conforms to the manifesto or
approval will be withdrawn.

In other news, I recently "attended" the chat session for Les Hal's "ChucK
show" on electro-music.com. As part of this online radio show Les had
installed a screen-reader that read all the posted chat texts to the radio
broadcast. On top of this one of the clients used a microphone on his
speakers and streamed the result back to Les to be mixed in as well. It only
took a few minutes before the "audience" (the term lost most of it's
traditional meaning) turned this system into something not unlike Alex's
vocable (sp?) system, posting comments like "boom tsjack boom tsjack boom
tsjack boom tsjack". Other musical gestures included copy-pasting the list
of loged-in users and a attempt by me to copy-paste all of the back-log
(something that -perhaps fortunately- failed). I found this a striking
example of public exploration of a text-based musical system with rather
noteworthy self-reference, as well as a rather (un)usual take on "comments".
I suppose you had to be there, but then again; that might be one of the most
relevant factors in live performance in this century.

Yours,
Kas.