Re: [livecode] ixi lang

From: nescivi <nescivi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 02:25:41 -0400

Hiho,

On Monday 05 October 2009 05:15:00 Julian Rohrhuber wrote:
> Yes, these are most interesting and perhaps also slightly harder to
> communicate. I think it is an interesting discussion still to what
> degree text remains the center of programming, even when for some
> reason (I'm not sure yet why actually) spatial approaches are
> considered more intuitive for sound. After all, we are all writing
> and talking all the time, even typing sms in nightclubs.

Actually, when I try to think about where a bug is in my object oriented code
(supercollider most of the time), I do have a kind of spatial mental image of
how the code interconnects, even though the interface is textual.

I don't think we should confuse programming with its interface.

sincerely,
Marije