Re: [livecode] computation

From: Vinh Tu <vinhtu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 16:18:42 +0100

Related to the need for excitement, one concept I've been mulling over
is setting up a livecoding piece analogous to a freestyle rap
"battle". Some kind of cross between a rap battle,
corewars/robocode/robot-soccer, livecoding. In terms of
implementation, it would probably be client/server, with the "arena"
being the server, and the "combatants" livecoding on their clients.
(Perhaps a picture of two robots dissing each other ;) Or, the arena
could be a fixed musical "piece" or sequence fed from a server, and
the combatants could perform algorithmic variations on it, with their
own data-to-sound kits. A third possibility, is a piece of code is
written and played, and then the next person makes a modification to
the code, like a game of telephone. I'm wondering if other people are
thinking similar ideas?