Re: [livecode] Livecoding in Paris

From: Julian Rohrhuber <rohrhuber_at_uni-hamburg.de>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 16:44:34 +0200

>Hi Sylvain,
>
>2009/9/1 Sylvain <artheist_at_gmail.com>:
>> What I guess, is that your project is to have fun and make music with others
>> (to drink beer to) as I do. And that you didn't know about toplap when you
>> set it up. Anders so, das ist schlimm !
>
>It's nice if TOPLAP can be a place for all people to talk about live
>coding/patching and feel they belong, but I understand people were
>doing from-scratch performance in pd and likely max, before TOPLAP was
>formed. In any case, coding in max and pd with live interpretation
>was normal before chuck/sc3/impromptu/fluxus was written.

Does anyone claim this? Not that it is terribly important, after all,
we founded TOPLAP not to begin live coding, but to form an
organisation. Interactive programming exists since decades, and live
coding was going on - this is why we met at changing grammars in the
first place. It is a discovery, not an invention.
--
.