Re: [livecode] Livecoding in Paris

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 15:33:06 +0100

2009/9/1 Chris McCormick <chris_at_mccormick.cx>:
> I think that the reason that [pd is] still incredibly popular, and useful, is that
> lots of people don't use it as a programming language, but as a DSP designer
> and composition tool, and also because of it's noob-friendly visual interface.
> Instructing people visually is very easy.

In my view that's still using it as a programming language, just as a
DSP designer composition tool, which is exactly what supercollider is
mostly used for. And like I said, I can't see how PD is any more
visual than supercollider whatever. If 'visual' means '2d syntactic
layout' then haskell is a visual programming language and PD isn't.

http://yaxu.org/