Re: [livecode] Livecoding in Paris

From: Sylvain <artheist_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 14:35:48 +0200

Hiho,

There is no adaptation to make, it's just possible to make exactly the
same straightforwardly with SC ...
If there were adaptation to be made, then it would just be to *erase*
PD/Max from the score, then anybody keen on livecoding could join (with
chuck, fluxus, perl ....).
Take no offense for what follows, I am pretty sure you are honest, wise ...
But I must admit I learnt about your initiative for a while now, and at
first it made me laugh.
I was thinking : "hey, french people trying to rebuild the bycycle('74)
! Yet another trick from ircam,gmem,gmeb ... maffia "
Cause, what your score says and what toplap is saying looks pretty much
the same. Ready-mades are making resistance ;)
What I guess, is that your project is to have fun and make music with
others (to drink beer to) as I do. And that you didn't know about toplap
when you set it up. Anders so, das ist schlimm !
Now, I don't see any relevant ground for making it bounded to Pd/Max,
unless narrow-minding, or ignorance (don't take it personally, I am a
bit provocative, on purpose)
If you could argue with the fact that Pd/Max is mandatory for that type
of performance then do, but I don't see why.
The more the funnier.

Best regards
Take it easy

Sylvain "The only rule that I know is rule of thumb"