Re: [livecode] Livecoding in Paris

From: matohawk <matohawk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 18:02:31 +0200

Hello Sylvain,

Thanks for your provocative answer

> There is no adaptation to make, it's just possible to make exactly the
> same straightforwardly with SC ...
> If there were adaptation to be made, then it would just be to *erase*
> PD/Max from the score, then anybody keen on livecoding could join (with
> chuck, fluxus, perl ....).

I'm agree with you but the reason of use only Max/MSP and Pure Data,
it's not a very good reason.
At the begining we would like to make a restriction and we choosen the
two most popular programming language for music and video.
Why we would like to make a restriction? To write a definitive score for
an event.
This is the score Blank Pages :
60 minutes
Max/MSP - Pure Data
Blank Page
No load/ no save

This is only some rules and you can invent as score as you want, but
this one is Blank Pages. i don't want to change this one but I would to
write some other score for other event.

You acknowledge that such partition can not germinate in any case in a
French research center (gmem, ircam). But this is not for you I'll teach it.

The project is near to a jam of live coding but not really that's a
difference. try to make a jam of live coding without rules and one with
rules and inscription and listen...
And you can write a score for Super Collider and organise a session.

No I didn't know about Toplap when I do this but what's the problem.

Cheers Thomas