Re: [livecode] Livecoding in Paris

From: Sylvain <artheist_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 18:29:49 +0200

matohawk a écrit :
> Hello Sylvain,
>
> Thanks for your provocative answer
>
> > There is no adaptation to make, it's just possible to make exactly the
> > same straightforwardly with SC ...
> > If there were adaptation to be made, then it would just be to *erase*
> > PD/Max from the score, then anybody keen on livecoding could join (with
> > chuck, fluxus, perl ....).
>
> I'm agree with you but the reason of use only Max/MSP and Pure Data,
> it's not a very good reason.
> At the begining we would like to make a restriction and we choosen the
> two most popular programming language for music and video.
> Why we would like to make a restriction? To write a definitive score
> for an event.
> This is the score Blank Pages :
> 60 minutes
> Max/MSP - Pure Data
> Blank Page
> No load/ no save
>
> This is only some rules and you can invent as score as you want, but
> this one is Blank Pages. i don't want to change this one but I would
> to write some other score for other event.
Ok, thanks for explanation, and the choices made

> You acknowledge that such partition can not germinate in any case in a
> French research center (gmem, ircam). But this is not for you I'll
> teach it.

hehe. I have a little anecdote about that. I was once at a Max/MSP
workshop given by R. Dudas. It was before Max5 and little after I
learned about toplap, livecoding ... I had also seen at that time a nice
video of people (I guess austrian guys, Iohannes maybe?) doing
collaborative Pd patch.
So R. Dudas ask the audience if we had any request for features needed
for Max5 or further. I thus raise hand and aks if it was possible to
have a patch that can be modified by several users. Most of people were
looking at me as if I have gone crazy, and someone even ask me : "What's
the use for this ?". I said "well, having collaborative composition". R.
Dudas seemed a bit surprised but interested still. Seems like they
didn't take my advice into account ;)
> The project is near to a jam of live coding but not really that's a
> difference. try to make a jam of live coding without rules and one
> with rules and inscription and listen...
> And you can write a score for Super Collider and organise a session.

Yeah, I'll think about it. I actually wanted to elaborate collaborative
sessions with SC at tmplab
> No I didn't know about Toplap when I do this but what's the problem.

none, really.

Best

Sylvain