Re: [livecode] news in brief

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 08:44:43 +0100

2009/7/20 Chris McCormick <chris_at_mccormick.cx>:
> So music and language are basically a serialised form of the original in-brain
> graph structure.

Yes although I think the serialisation and deserialisation is very
lossy and that concepts are represented more like geometrical
structures in euclidean space than graph structures.

> I think an important difference is that not all sequencers would be turing
> complete, which means that it's mathematically provable that you can do things
> with live-coding/computer languages that you can't do at all with traditional
> electronic instruments like sequencers.

I can't see how that's true because sequencers are programmed by
people, and people are at least as powerful as turing machines. In
reality though the creative process is highly time dependent (humans
get bored easily) and so what is quickly possible is more important
than what is theoretically possible.

http://yaxu.org/