[livecode] more in-game joypad-coding

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 11:16:13 +0100

http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=44115
(Flash video, couple of minutes, work-safe)

Joypad& circular menu based coding demo in a game. Nicest thing I've seen
from MS in a very long time, very "Dave-like" as well and clearly quite
fast. I think that at 2/3rd into the video she's actually using the in-game
interface to define the way a second player is controlled and behaves; it
seems to go quite far.

Sadly it doesn't look like the game is running while being re-programmed so
I'm not sure we can count it as "livecoding" and I'm less then excited about
the music "tree".

Worth a look, it's a game but that's still a child on stage impressing a
audience with how quickly she can program fun stuff. I don't like having to
admit being impressed by a commercial presentation, least of all by a
company like MS. But. Yeah.

Cheers,
Kas.