Re: [livecode] more in-game joypad-coding

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 18:27:01 +0000

On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 11:16 +0100, Kassen wrote:
> http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=44115
> (Flash video, couple of minutes, work-safe)
>
> Joypad& circular menu based coding demo in a game. Nicest thing I've
> seen from MS in a very long time, very "Dave-like" as well and clearly
> quite fast. I think that at 2/3rd into the video she's actually using
> the in-game interface to define the way a second player is controlled
> and behaves; it seems to go quite far.
>
> Sadly it doesn't look like the game is running while being
> re-programmed so I'm not sure we can count it as "livecoding" and I'm
> less then excited about the music "tree".
>
> Worth a look, it's a game but that's still a child on stage impressing
> a audience with how quickly she can program fun stuff. I don't like
> having to admit being impressed by a commercial presentation, least of
> all by a company like MS. But. Yeah.

Nice! One of the latest races in the games industry is to capture the
"youtube" effect somehow with "user generated content" - Little big
planet and this new ms attempt are part of that, and I think it's
probably the most exciting thing to happen in games for quite a time.

They are quite restricted still though, and a long way to go before it
gets back to something as free as it was in the 80's:

64K RAM SYSTEM 38911 BASIC BYTES FREE

READY.

:)

cheers,