Re: [livecode] Livecoding in The Hague - Monday, December 22

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 13:36:36 +0100

Dear List,

I thought last night's radio program went quite well. Marije played a brief
livecoding set in SC that was based on using the sounds of her typing (and
scratching the case) on her laptop with some modulation controlled by the
sudden motion sensor. Also; various pieces in a wide variety of styles that
Marije recorded over the years and interview questions.

Bonus; some acid because "the world turns around" is a good track to play
when it's getting close to new year and later on because it could be mixed
in.

There's a archive here;

http://omroep.residentie.net/index.php?id=323&no_cache=1&tx_gsifeuserlist_pi1[showUid]=94529

Click "Speel dit programma af" (Meaning "play this program"). Confusingly
this is a mp3 that encapsulates a MS playlist that in turn contains a mp3.
It's a bit dodgy, that system, but VLC is able to deal with it. I think the
point of doing it that way is to make sure you can only stream it, not
download the file directly. Sigh.

Oh, and I presented this in English for the benefit of interested
international non-Dutch people but accidentally slipped back into Dutch when
signing off. The one bit that you're missing is that the last piece played
was the recorded sound of shopping carts.

Hope everyone has a good Solstice celebration.

Yours,
Kas.