Re: [livecode] Informal survey : which soft for livecoding ? (Please read ! )

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 15:50:41 -0000 (GMT)

> 1 - Which software (or language) do you use for livecoding ? (if
> several, ranked by preference plz)

* Fluxus, for visual and audio at the same time, livecoding scheme &
lately 'visual scheme'.

And as for the games which are really programming languages (or vice
versa), which are written in fluxus - order of preference is hard, totally
depends on the sort of audience and operator inebriation:

* BetaBlocker (can be irritating to use/fight with, but very surprising)
* Daisy Chain (puzzling, haven't worked it out yet but I like the visual
result)
* Al Jazari (great to use in short bursts but limiting)

* Formal grammars expressed by l system, for music and visuals.

> 2 - Which software (or language) did you ever try for livecoding ?

ZX Basic, Logo, Supercollider

cheers,

dave