Re: [livecode] Informal survey : which soft for livecoding ? (Please read ! )

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:37:03 +0000

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 21:33 +0100, Sylvain wrote:
> So this would only take who 2 minutes to answer theses simple questions :
> 1 - Which software (or language) do you use for livecoding ? (if
> several, ranked by preference plz)

* perl (feedback.pl)
* diesel (simple thing I'm writing myself in haskell)

> 2 - Which software (or language) did you ever try for livecoding ?

the above plus:
* haskell (hs-plugins and hsc from ghci)
* supercollider
* fluxus
* pd
* java (a brute of a language, I managed to do live coding with
introspection and proxy classes, but it sucked)

Also I guess I do non-artistic livecoding with bash, javascript and
python.

> I'll try to compulse the results when there would be enough answers and
> let's begin with myself :
> 1 - SuperCollider/JITLib
> 2 - Chuck/Audicle, Impromptu

> how many people are registered to livecode list ? (appoximately)

213 on the list, some % of those will be old email addresses though.

cheers,

alex