Re: [livecode] pico projectors

From: Sylvain <artheist_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 22:11:03 +0100

Hi,

James McCartney a écrit :

> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Click Nilson <clicksonnil_at_gmail.com
> <mailto:clicksonnil_at_gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Someone demoed a £250 pico projector to me last Friday night;
> seemed quite impressive, and what an easy device to carry around!
>

> I had to look up what this was.
>

> Anyone own one already and even using one for performance? Would
> get around problems with venues not having projection, give or
> take need for projection surfaces.
>

> How far can it project?
Something like 1-3 meters, then it gets much darker (than conventional
Projectors)
> How hot does it get?
Not much. DLP=Digital Led Projector, so less power, less heat, less
space BUT as stated beforehand, less luminosity ... that's the big problem.
First DLP prototypes were on their way 3 years ago app., but I guess
they (companies) were reluctent to release because of the dark image you
get.
As LEDs gets brighter and brighter, iPod and nano-PCs everywhere, I
guess they found a new market than just home cinema. I am even
considering replacing my second screen with this to clean my desktop ;)

best

S.