Re: [livecode] IRC+livecode?

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 00:12:00 +0100

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 13:43 +0200, Laurens van der Wee wrote:
> Than did it, yes. But he used a speech library rather than a synthesis
> algorithm. It was actually on the ICMC this year: a certain number of
> clients, able of typing in text which was then send to an engine,
> local on every machine, automatically downloaded by the software,
> which did the speech.

Seems a bit like the "speechless" project I did -- a multi-user web
page, people type in text which gets synthesised (TTS), filtered and
looped. Rendering happens on the server and gets streamed to everyone.

  http://doc.gold.ac.uk/~ma503am/alex/speechless/
  http://doc.gold.ac.uk/~ma503am/essays/speechless.pdf

alex