Re: [livecode] [OT] cellular automata

From: AlgoMantra <algomantra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:18:43 +0530

> Even pipelining inside processors can be seen as some sort of
> parallelization.
> If you have a multi core processor or multiple processors you can get
> some parallelization. What about clustering?

Nah, for the kind of thing I'm talking about I need a whole SETI_at_home grid.
Apparently, CAM-8 was the last attempt to create a computers with many
each cell as a processor. Google it.

> One of my college teachers used to say that my couldn't be sure if we
> were living in a parallelized universe or on a singled threaded :-)
> Neither we could know if we are on a time-split system (we can get
> frozen any moment!)

Oh, well.....if I start with my cosmology, we're gonna be so off topic we'll
never be able to come back. But yeah, digital physics fascinates me.

cheers,
http://www.algomantra.com