Re: [livecode] [OT] cellular automata

From: AlgoMantra <algomantra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:51:14 +0530

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 12:37 PM, marcel corso <marcel.corso_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> Since on a celular automata you depend on the state of the cells of
> the past cycle you could easily parallelize the process.
> Dividing the space in n parts and run a process or thread on each of
> these parts.

So I now have N-processes or threads. They have to be initialized or ordered
in a certain way. The "parallel" then becomes a satisfactory illusion, but
does it solve
the problem of "true simultaneity"? No.

> Watch out for the borders.

I've been trying for ages to abolish them, but you still need the damn
visas.

http://www.algomantra.com