Re: [livecode] make art festival

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 02:16:17 +0200

2008/8/12 alejo duque <alejo.duque_at_europeangraduateschool.net>

> tell me about it, i just burnt a tiny capacitor, and it hurts to think it
> was made of (coltan) tantalum*

I believe you can roll your own (literally this time) using oil and paper.

This *will* make the people doing maintenance after you curse you,
particularly if your work would end up in a museum and integrity of the work
as a whole is a issue (not making this up; this is a serious issue for
some). I'm not sure vegetable oil could be used for this, if not that would
raise more issues.

To me this festival seems to be about "independance" and indeed the question
is how far you feel you need to go before you are "free". While I agree that
any line drawn on that scale is drawn at a completely arbitary point I also
agree with where it's drawn here. Then again; challenges to such notions
seem quite healthy to me as well.

Yours,
Kas.