Re: [livecode] more vocable synthesis

From: Julian Rohrhuber <rohrhuber_at_uni-hamburg.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:04:23 +0200

>On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 11:54 -0400, nescivi wrote:
>> This would suggest that thinking always involves some kind of
>>visualisation...
>> This is not the case for everyone; some people can't think visually.
>
>I'd say spatialisation rather than visualisation. For example in my
>opinion sound events are also organised according to geometrical
>relationships.

could it be that geometry is only a way to think about thinking?
because we are used to organise our thoughts in maplike ways, we take
this practice as a model for thought itself? I see though that
"thought itself" may not exist. But what abous thinking in sound? It
seems to me that sound is not geometrical.

>> Is thought always organising?
>
>Well often catastrophes occur that shake things up causing us to
>re-organise in a different way. But to think about something I think we
>have to compare it with other things we already know, through deciding
>the dimensions along which they are similar or different. This is a
>process of geometrical organisation I think.

or maybe thought is what shakes things up? This is at least what live
coding does, as a possible mode of public thought.

--
.