Re: [livecode] any livecoding blogs?

From: Sandeep Puri <lapax_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 00:57:17 -0700 (PDT)

Alex,
I'd like to get in there, however, I'm not sure I have
much to offer yet. I just came across fluxus.
Intrigued by it, and livecoding, I've stumbled across
other things like processing, chuck etc.. which was, i
have to admit, pushed by the book 'Practical Ruby
Projects: Ideas for the Eclectic Programmer'

Some thoughts follow:

I've always been intrigued by lisp (((and scheme
etc..))), the notion of code=data=code, but never had
a chance to explore it fully. What struck a chord with
fluxus was the fact that, if one wanted, one could,
without sweat, have the performance modify the
performance itself, with the livecoder playing the
part of the conductor. Granted fluxus is mostly about
the visual part of livecoding, but there are other
platforms out there about manipulating sound, and
music, programmatically.

Because of this, I've recently come across clojure,
http://www.clojure.org. It is a lisp by all standards,
which also lets one easily interact with any java
libraries out there. I'm trying to get my hands around
clojure and see if I can contribute to livecoding
somehow.

I think the notion of creativity, visual or audio,
applies really well with self-modifiable systems (ala
fluxus) as well, as long as one believes that a
creator of art can also be defined as an
orchestrator of art-creation.

Thoughts, comments are welcome. I'd especially welcome
opinions by folks who've done some work along these
lines that I can learn from.

my blog is at http://lapax.wordpress.com

http://lapax.wordpress.com/