Re: [livecode] an idea for a livecode environment

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:13:45 +0100

Yes it would be great to have a nice API for live coding!

I think security concerns would affect language choice... You could
either make a new simple language that can't do too much, or use
something like java with a complex security framework, or a pure
functional language like haskell. Java security is quite easy to
configure if you can bear the sun style of technical writing. In
Haskell I guess you would have to make a monad and disable
unsafePerformIO somehow -- there is an irc bot that lets you run haskell
code safely so it can be done.

cheers,

alex