Re: [livecode] live coding and free software - feedback rqrd

From: IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig_at_iem.at>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:25:38 +0200

hi

Dave Griffiths wrote:

> Also, the software industry has gone quite a long way past formal design,
> the latest fashion is agile development: http://agilemanifesto.org/
> Which has some interesting features from a livecoding POV.

i always considered the collaborative live-coding performances we did -
where several people would modify the same piece of software (in our
case: a Pd-patch) simultaneously - to be a sort of "pair programming"
(even though our "pairs" consisted of 4 or so people), which is
certainly a technique found in agile programming / XP.

howsoever, i like the article, though i think there could be more FLOSS
in it (but then: probably the book has enough FLOSS anyhow...)

anyhow, i guess it is too late for my comment by now.

fga,sdr
IOhannes