Re: [livecode] live coding and free software - feedback rqrd

From: alex <alex_at_lurk.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 11:57:03 +0100

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 11:29 +0100, Dave Griffiths wrote:
> I'm not really sure what you mean by live electricity, in that the
> electricity flowing through a computer running ableton is just as live as
> supercollider - but I guess I'm over-analysing a poetic point.

Yes good point. I meant working on electricity live... Taking your
screwdriver to a ring main without switching it off. I'll make this
clearer, thanks.

> Also, the software industry has gone quite a long way past formal design,
> the latest fashion is agile development: http://agilemanifesto.org/
> Which has some interesting features from a livecoding POV.

In the web and gaming parts of the industry for sure, I don't know about
the rest though, or whether agile programming has made it to computer
science degree courses. I admit this part of the article is a bit
overblown in any case. I'll think about maybe damping it down a bit.

alex