Re: [livecode] syntax free

From: AlgoMantra <algomantra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 18:39:46 +0530

> One thing that bothers me in spatial ordering (and sorting records....) is
> that if we have two points A and B that are close to each other and in some
> sort of relationship and place a third point C so it's near to A it will
> also be near to B... which may not be intended.

I have this solar system fetish that I need to get out of my way before I
can say something
more productive, but - if A and B are (hypothetically) fixed diametric
points of a circle, on the periphery
of which C is a moving point, the relationship of C with respect to A and B
changes in an
oscillatory manner. In such a case, computational time and not space is what
defines the
syntactic juxtaposition. In such a universe, it is impossible for C to be
near both A and B,
relatively, unless it is one of them.

(slow afternoon here)
--