Re: [livecode] syntax free

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:56:20 -0000 (GMT)

> I'd start by re-defining the question. I'd start by trying to focus on
> what's really appealing here, being a system that doesn't limit impulsive
> creativity by having us remember what we can and can't do yet offers a
> range of things that can be expressed that's as large as possible given
> that.

I think that the beauty of visual programming languages are that the
contraints are obvious in that they are visible. Obvious contraints make
for creative environments, because you don't need to second guess what is
going on behind the scenes - you don't even need to think about it.

I think the way starlogo deals with a pretty complex syntax is interesting
in that it's obvious what can go where because they are shaped
differently:
http://education.mit.edu/starlogo/

cheers,

dave