Re: [livecode] code taunts

From: LowNorth <lownorth_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:36:46 +0100

Hi Julian

thanks for the note, I was a big unsure about including that line so I'm
going to have to defend it a bit better.

Folk psychology is no joke, it is in fact taken seriously by some
philosophers as a means of drawing relevant conclusions about an
individual's behaviour. (Daniel Dennett's comments about thermostats come to
mind). However the Churchlands have spent a great deal of energy trying to
discredit it, calling it "a stagnant and degenerating research program"

I did try to take a light tone in the paper as often as possible, so that
people wouldn't take things too seriously (but it seems some people did
anyway....). But the competitive performances are no joke - they really
happen and are a lot of fun!

Marcel