Re: [livecode] code taunts

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:56:14 +0100

On 22/02/2008, Charles Turner <vze26m98_at_optonline.net> wrote:

> Who's livecoding, or even coding in Forth?
>
> Best, Charles

:¬)
That's what you get for ending your list with a non-obvious entry to
indicate it's open-ended nature.

The Toplap CD compilation "a prehistory of livecoding" starts off with a
(reconstructed) piece from '85 by Ron Kuivila in Forth.

My friend Rob Hordijk told me about working with Forth on a Apple around the
same time, or slightly earlier, creating variations on Karplus Strong and
composing for those in a way I would call closely related to livecoding
except for the lack of a present audience.

I think another friend of mine named Jan Punter still likes and uses Forth
in a home-brew implementation for implementing customised embedded systems,
I'm not sure he ever worked with it musically but he might well have.

I would have email addresses for you (off-list) if you have a desire to get
in touch with fellow Forth enthusiasts.

Yours,
Kas.