Re: [livecode] Kung-Foo Bar: Unconventional Interfaces for LiveCoding

From: Soumyadeep Paul <soum.paul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 00:51:21 +0000

I don't know about coding yet --- but in film editing (which is
something I do every once in a while), I would love to go back to an
interface which is closer to the actual act of cutting the film. Using
vision, it should be simple to simulate that, in'it?

A black surface... frames of the film projected like a running strip
on a black surface (inspired by AlgoMantra-1/f's paraboxx
interface)..... and camera capturing predefined gestures of pause, in,
out, play, ff.... and the output projected just above the timeline.

In fact, one could just project the whole Final Cut Pro interface on
the black surface... and track hand gestures.

This is possible because of a simple reason ---- the digital film
editing interface was *inspired* by the actual interface we always
worked on.

Programming was inherently an interface to the machine (which was in
turn was inherited from the typewriter, and the english language).

I still don't know how one can work with apis and code without
necessarily entering text in some form ... .even though we can take
the universal structures & symbols of common programming languages,
and attach that to interactive gestures... I still don't know how to
evade the task of typing when it comes to working with parts which
necessarily require writing a lot of text.

--
-----
Soumyadeep Paul