Re: [livecode] Re: [Fluxus] daisy chain

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 17:18:15 -0000 (GMT)

> On 04/01/2008, Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org> wrote:
>
> I'm with you! Down with carpal tunnel syndrome!
>

> Up with thumb-blisters? ;¬)

yay!

> Did I detect some influence from Fantavision in the node-selection
> process?
> In case you don't know it, Fantavision was a early PS2 game about matching
> fireworks of the same colour to make them explode. The interesting bit is
> that at any one time the cursor is on one piece of fireworks and you link
> this to a second (in the process also linking it to the last) by
> indicating
> the direction to move in on the joystick. Once the line this generates
> crosses the new object that one will be highlighted and you can hit a
> button to select it.

I have not played that, although I've seen it, so maybe the idea was
lurking in my head - it is very similar mechanism from the look of it.
The main difference being that I "snap" to the nearest flower in the
direction of the joystick when its pushed far enough away from the centre
position - so you don't need to use a button to jump.

> I wonderfully innovate mechanic for a game that had quite a nice style for
> it's day. Shame it's borderline unplayabe (IMHO).
>
> Painfully slow explanation of this system in video
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKQau5Fj-Jo
>

> BTW, I love your new creation, looks lovely even if I'm not sure I
> understand much of it yet. I'm a big fan of your videos.

Thanks! It's not a very good video, and the thing isn't really finished
yet, so hopefully there will be some better ones soon.

It's great to post videos - you get lots of feedback like this which gives
you renewed impetus to finish a project ;)

cheers,

dave