Re: [livecode] Re: [Fluxus] daisy chain

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:20:21 +0100

On 04/01/2008, Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org> wrote:

I'm with you! Down with carpal tunnel syndrome!

Up with thumb-blisters? ;¬)

Did I detect some influence from Fantavision in the node-selection process?
In case you don't know it, Fantavision was a early PS2 game about matching
fireworks of the same colour to make them explode. The interesting bit is
that at any one time the cursor is on one piece of fireworks and you link
this to a second (in the process also linking it to the last) by indicating
the direction to move in on the joystick. Once the line this generates
crosses the new object that one will be highlighted and you can hit a button
to select it.

I wonderfully innovate mechanic for a game that had quite a nice style for
it's day. Shame it's borderline unplayabe (IMHO).

Painfully slow explanation of this system in video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKQau5Fj-Jo

BTW, I love your new creation, looks lovely even if I'm not sure I
understand much of it yet. I'm a big fan of your videos.

Yours,
Kas.