Re: [livecode] chucK n00bie asks a potentially dumb question

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:31:24 +0200

On 9/14/07, a.vca <vacca_at_goto10.org> wrote:

> > May the SporK (or whatever you call it in ChucKian) be with you.
> i think you mean SphUngE

I'm sorry, you're going to have to explain this, Google only came up with
some islands in Minnesota and I'd like to know what's going to be with me.
You know, in case I need to cook for more people or have shots or whatever.

In case there is confusion; "spork" is a ChucK command that starts a new
process parallel to the one you're calling from, this allows you to run two
endless loops next to each other, for example. I imagine it's a contraction
of "spawn" and "fork" but I might be wrong. "spork" can also be applied to a
wide range of non-programming contexts, right now I don't have the time to
go into the exact syntax and semantics of this.

Cheers,
Kas.