Re: [livecode] livecoding in london, ICMC and live patching

From: Nick Collins <nc272_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 10:05:17 +0100

I'm up for London livecode too, if only to get hold of some of these
stickers...

The two ICMC live coding papers were from The Andrews, presented as a demo
with aa cell entertaining a succession of visitors:

08:40 [1498] - AA-CELL IN PRACTICE: AN APPROACH TO MUSICAL LIVE CODING
Andrew Sorensen, MOSO, Australia; Andrew Brown, Queensland University of
Technology, Australia

and

LIVE CODING: AN OVERVIEW
Iohannes zmölnig, Gerhard Eckel, Insitute of Electronic Music and
Acoustics, IEM, Austria

which is probably best described as a review paper summarising other papers
pre 2007. What is heartening is that Iohannes is actually setting out on a
PhD in live coding!

I sold Miller Sm Puckette a TOPLAP CD, on the grounds that he saw Iohannes'
presentation and liked slub. Unfortunately I had to miss it myself, being
at a soundcheck, else I could report more thoroughly on the presentation
itself. Iohannes, will you put it up online?

best,