Re: [livecode] livecoding in london?

From: Matthew Yee-King <lists_at_yeeking.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 16:40:28 +0100

On 05/09/07 16:16, Dave Griffiths wrote:
>> On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 14:55 +0100, Matthew Yee-King wrote:
>>> Anyone doing any livecode gigs in London anytime soon?
>> Not me but I'd really like to... Maybe we can organise a jam session
>> somewhere?
>
> I'm experiencing a gig drought too...
>
> So are you hooked now Matthew ;)

Yes - I left my MIDI controller keyboard at home for my last gig,
preferring to code an elegant routine instead of twisting a knob. In
fact I turned up at a rehearsal for that gig and had even left my
computer at home. I figured the musicians in this case might not respond
well to the 'live coding with real musicians' techniques presented by
Nick C at the livecoding conference so I had to code from scratch using
a borrowed computer on which I had luckily, previously installed SC3.
It's a shame that fashions move so fast in the livecoding world - I
thought I was really 'it', coding from scratch, then came home to read
the posts about coding from inverse-scratch on this list.

- Matthew

ps Dave - I have obtained some cheap USB joysticks for the purposes of
strange controller construction but hope to get an install of
betablocker on the go before I destroy the sticks with a soldering iron.