[livecode] livecoding localised code display

From: Matthew Yee-King <lists_at_yeeking.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 11:22:04 +0100

Dear Livecoders

I was livecoding at the Vortex Jazz club in Dalston, N London with my
friend Finn Peters' 'Finntet' the other day and I realised that there is
a need for a localised display of code. Think about a guitar player -
you can see what they are doing if you are reasonably close, but their
hands and guitar are not projected on a big screen behind them. I
considered bringing a flat panel 17 inch with me which I could place in
front of the laptop, facing towards the audience but couldn't carry it.
Maybe some sort of folding mirror arrangement which displays a
reflection of your screen out to the audience. Sitting with your back to
the audience so they can see your screen is another option... I think
Miles Davis used to do that sometimes, but for other reasons!

cheers

- matthew