[livecode] beginning livecoding - questions

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:10:40 -0500

hello all,

my name is Josh, and this is officially my second post to the list.
:) I am a musician and linux user, and would like to get into
livecoding. alas, I also need to learn perl for my day job. after
looking at the toplap wiki, I see that these two could go
hand-in-hand.

I've read the document called "hacking perl in nightclubs," but I
still have some questions about how to begin to use perl to create
music. for example, I assume that perl has no synthesis capabilities
within itself; what will actually make sounds? I see that perl will
handle most any OSC-enabled synths, so any recommendations here would
be great.

I know I'm asking simplistic questions, and I appreciate any advice
that you can give (even answering questions I don't have yet!). I see
this as a great motivation to learn something that I can use in two
places in my life, I just need a little kick-start to get me moving.

thanks all,

josh

--
Josh Lawrence