Re: [livecode] more livecoding movies

From: zuzu (sean) <"zuzu>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 14:08:56 -0400

On 4/4/07, Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I've "youtubed" a load of old livecoding movies here:
> http://www.pawfal.org/dave/movies.html
>
> cheers,
>
> dave

Thanks!

can you paste the URLs for the originals which aren't in FLV format?

or, if they're original to you but you can't afford the the bandwidth
to host them, would you please also upload them to Revver and/or the
Internet Archive (archive.org)?

I appreciate that YouTube provides "easy access", but IMHO flash-
based players suck to interact with. (It all goes back to that paper
circa 2002 saying that Flash/Shockwave is the most deployed web
browser plugin, and it also happens to encapsulate video, so if you
were trying to avoid the QuickTime Sorenson vs. Real Media vs.
Windows Media format war, it was the way to go.) However, now that
Quicktime supports MPEG-4 by default, and MPEG-4 is a mostly open
standard (without getting into the Xiph / patents tangent), I'm not
sure why FLV still gains momentum as a defacto format. (Especially
since VideoLAN so far can't seek within FLV, AFAIK.)

thanks again,
-sean