Re: [livecode] apologies for an off topic post

From: Nick Collins <nc272_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:16:10 +0000

Hi Peter,

I'll try and do this as objectively as I can:

PhDs in composition are a rare treat if funding is involved; you probably
know already, but it's a hard one to get funding for, though I believe in
recent years I've seen composition PhDs with funding advertised at
DeMontford and at the Sonic Arts Research Centre at Queen's University
Belfast.

Searching for PhD studentships at jobs.ac.uk with 'music' as the key word
gave a mention of a few places, like Cardiff:

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/cgi-bin/search.cgi?keywords=music&jobtype=02&referer=student&contract=00

Not sure of your own background, and when you say live\interactive do you
mean electronic music, and if so, to what degree technology development and
what degree creative applications? Because the places that might have
funding or might be good centres for electronic music aren't necessarily
music departments. And I don't want to discount overseas possibilities too,
though you may have family commitments or the like.

In some ways, the best advice is to seek out a potential supervisor and/or
project you want to work with.

best,
Nick

--On 20 February 2007 11:19:00 +0000 Peter Worth