Re: [livecode] live coding practice

From: Adrian Ward <adrian_at_signwave.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:56:38 +0000

On 10 Jan 2007, at 16:08, Fredrik Olofsson wrote:

> i see live coding as performance art. the artist(s) provoke and
> involve the audience, make statements that confuse or muse. just
> happens that for many of us here there's a dac involved.

Yes, I'd agree with this. For me, livecoding isn't about the skill of
musical performance so much as it is that doing so makes a statement
that is integral to a creative agenda. After all, skill is an
inherent part of any artistic endeavour (and whether the particular
artist has skill or not is a different matter and is somehow
irrelevant to this discussion).

Just my 2p...