Re: [livecode] re: show us your screens

From: Adrian Ward <adrian_at_signwave.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:36:08 +0100

Indeed, but then this is the double-edged-sword of livecoding. On the
one hand were are actively attempting to demystify the process by
being open, on the other we are making it possible for people to be
impressed by virtuosity or bravado. I don't think the two are
mutually exclusive; A geek coder in the audience might understand but
still be wowed by the fact that the livecoder is using code in new
ways, whilst the middle aged Mum next to him is wowed because she had
no idea computers did anything other than write thank you letters in
Word. Both have potential for enlightenment but also - as you point
out - the key elements of a good performance.

ps. Please forgive my horrendous and unforgivable stereotypes. Of
course, we all know our audiences will be filled with middle aged
geek Mums who hack MS Office thank you letter macros in their spare
time.

--
Ade