Re: [livecode] re: show us your screens

From: Adrian Ward <adrian_at_signwave.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 08:52:51 +0100

On 24 Sep 2006, at 00:47, Kassen wrote:

> For one thing those intruments were well out of the reach of the
> audience finantially and I think some of the apeal came from it not
> being quite clear how they worked or what was done with them.

I think livecoding retains a small element of this, although it is
not about financial attainability, but rather the mistaken perception
that programming is something most people cannot engage with. I think
livecoding has an ability to change that by demonstrating ease of use
- we just have to find ways of allowing audience members the
potential to understand. This is very different to taking a didactic
approach by trying to make _everyone_ understand (which is a mistake
and probably would bore an audience).

Also, I strongly believe that more flashing lights and smoke machines
would help.

--
Ade