Re: [livecode] re: show us your screens

From: Fredrik Olofsson <f_at_fredrikolofsson.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 00:53:50 +0200

>> awful dinosaur music that i thought to be extinct by now but anyway...
>
> Hm. In 40 years I will find you and demand that you justify your
> music. ;)
>

> -C

hi craig
hehe, please do! i'd love that pressure ;-)
(on my darker days i wish everyone producing music should be faced with
a trial like this. then perhaps we wouldn't suffer all this
meaningless crap music surrounding us)
and for reference - the music thursday sounded a lot like the live clip
'live in Brussels/Belgium 1997' here...
http://tangerinedream.org/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=1402&page_id=7
i do like their early stuff but this kind of music is nearly
incomprehensible to me and i find it truly ugly. shrug.

anyway - getting back on topic - maybe showing the software editors is
a sort of a substitute for the nestling patchcords in the analogue
days? tech is part of their concept and the tools is the message. and
they are happy to show them.
i think performing live coding on stage has great deal of this. the
tech fetishism. is that something to try to avoid or part of the
deal/fun i wonder...
_f

   #|
      fredrikolofsson.com klippav.org musicalfieldsforever.com