Re: [livecode] modes of livecoding

From: Julian Rohrhuber <rohrhuber_at_uni-hamburg.de>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:42:25 +0200

At 17:36 Uhr +0100 10.09.2006, Peter Worth wrote:

>i'd be interested to know how "interactive" the programs people here
>are writing are.. slub quote from fallt website:
>
>"Computer languages allow us fine-tuned expression. First, we mould a
>unique sound environment in code; then, human movement transforms and
>guides the musical processes in realtime"
>
>what form does the human movement take? are parameters in the program
>mapped to various sliders etc? so this means there are basically two
>types of change in a livecoding performance - parameter changes
>(quantitave changes of values in the system) and altering the program
>itself (qualitative change - a change in the behaviour of the system
>itself).

The article "Algorithms Today" gives an introduction into this issue.
You can get it from here:
http://akustik.hfbk.net/publications/AlgorithmsToday.pdf
I'm writing an article on the formal implications of interactive
programming for a publication in my research project, but it won't be
out before next year.
--
.