Re: [livecode] One more reason to be livecoding

From: Reg Ludions <reg_at_ludions.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 10:38:44 +0100

On 10 Sep 2006, at 09:38, Adrian Ward wrote:

> Mark Elder [a guest conductor for the BBC Symphony Orchestra, in a
> speech on the Last Night of the Proms at the Royal Albert Hall]
> said: "The one aspect of the situation that really affects us here
> on the platform is the enormous difficulty that so many musicians
> are having at the moment in travelling by plane into this country
> and out of it.
>
> He went on: "I think we would all agree that the time has come
> really to put an end to this unfairness.
>
> "Otherwise it seems to me that next year we should all look forward
> to 'Concerto for Laptop Orchestra'."

To which everyone booed, of course.
The context is as i understand it
that business has twisted the arms of airlines
to allow passengers to take laptops in the cabin
but traditional musical instr remain banned
a situation which is fairly disastrous for touring musicians
who tire of having instruments trashed in the hold

tom