Re: [livecode] One more reason to be livecoding

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 14:17:18 +0200

Reg Ludions;

> To which everyone booed, of course.
> The context is as i understand it
> that business has twisted the arms of airlines
> to allow passengers to take laptops in the cabin
> but traditional musical instr remain banned
> a situation which is fairly disastrous for touring musicians
> who tire of having instruments trashed in the hold

It's a bit off-topic but I think the real problem is that checking fragile
stuff in seperately at the "fragile stuff" counter doesn't mean a thing;
it'll just come rolling off the belt at the point of arival most of the time
anyway.

To get back on topic; if they do keep up the most recent wave of hysteria
and indeed make people check in laptops.... Some artists put a MIDI keyboard
in their tewch-rider. This makes sense since they are quite universal as
well as impractical to travel with, a bit like turntables (appologies to
those who are in love with a speciffic model of hamer-action keyboard). For
laptops this generally makes little sense because most laptop artists depend
on speciffic software as well as their prepared samples.

Now it gets funny; theoretically all we need is a (often free)
parser/compiler. Wouldn't tech-ridering a computer put even more emphasis on
the live and improvised aspects of livecoding?

Yours,
Kas.