Re: [livecode] book

From: m <m_at_1010.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 16:07:02 +0100

Hi,

I started writing a book last year broadly tracing free software (and
its history) as/and art, kind of a primer with background and
speculation: specifying an artistic codebase with extensive practical
coverage of pluggability, extensible GNU/Emacs, promiscuous computing,
Lisp and fine excursions into random war and live coding amongst many
others.

At the moment, it sits sadly unfinished (after six chapters) as I
don't have time to work more on it. The plan is to expand the current
research for a POD (print on demand) publication, perhaps for early
next year. Some kind of free software POD workflow, using TeX and so
on would be great to have up and running. The question of format for
such a work is also interesting.

At the same time, we also have our first POD out this month (in
association with OpenMute), entitled xxxxx with plenty of code
listings, and contributions from (amongst many others) Florian Cramer,
Paul Graham, Graham Harwood, Friedrich Kittler, Otto Roessler, and
Gerald J. Sussman. The introduction is titled Life Coding, and stands
as a major thematic. xxxxx could function as an excellent testbed for
such publications and approaches.

best wishes

Martin

http://www.1010.co.uk/