Re: [livecode] the future of programming

From: thor <th.list_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 00:29:16 +0100

On 6 Sep 2006, at 21:59, alex wrote:

> But then I can counter-argue that a livecoder can think with the
> computer.

Yes of course. Even to the degree that a livecoder without a computer
could be a pretty miserable thinker. (the thoughts wouldn't go very far)

I think Andy Clark calls this extended cognition and claims that we're
already cyborgs just due to the fact that our "locus" of thinking is not
happening only in the head.

Anyhow, my original point was about this particular time lag that
is characteristic of coding as playing vs. direct playing (for lack of
better term)

thor