Re: [livecode] the future of programming

From: Till Bovermann <tboverma_at_techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 18:45:05 +0200

Hey,

On 05 Sep 2006, at 18:33, alex wrote:

> If you view livecoding as symbiotic between man and machine then the
> machine can achieve flow on one level (execution) and the human the
> other (abstract concepts). Indeed machines maintain many
> components of
> flow at all times by default - clear goals, focus, no
> self-consciousness, immediate feedback.

I do view livecoding as symbiotic between man and machine, but I do
not agree on your immediate feedback argument. When doing livecoding
(also with practicing it) there is still a big gap between thinking
of the thing you might want to do, converting it into valid code,
write it down and finally send it to the interpreter. You do not get
_direct_ feedback... What you get for this lack is perhaps a more
abstract access to your idea: you do not have to care for every
single sound...

till.