Re: [livecode] the future of programming

From: thor <th.list_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 18:00:56 +0100

On 5 Sep 2006, at 17:33, alex wrote:

> More simply, based on my own experience, I simply do not believe
> that it
> is not possible for a programmer to become productively lost in their
> code.

I remember having this discussion with you 4 years ago : )
I wish I could understand it.

I am very sympathetic to Till's view regarding the Flow. But that's
perhaps
what distinguishes a good programmer from a bad one : )

For me it's also a question of latency. If we could think programming
and execute it
with our thoughts, i.e. not make it and then execute but have the
making-and-the-executing
as the same process, then my goal would be achieved.

Consider the difference of thinking with your finger on the guitar
fretboard and thinking
with your eyes on your text editor where you program. (and the
importance of the ENTER button)

In fact this is the way I'd like to program:
http://homepages.tesco.net/~bissell/IMAGES/tcrane3a.jpg

: )

thor