Re: [livecode] book

From: hsdom <hsdom_at_phaserprone.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:43:10 -0400

One idea just off the top of my head (i havent slept much) is maybe if
we could get a publisher to take some risks and perhaps include
sections of transparent or clear pages. that way you could have printed
perl code (or whatever) on a bunch of repeating pages to show how it
changes over each iteration...

On Aug 30, 2006, at 9:41 AM, Adrian Ward wrote:

> On 28 Aug 2006, at 02:46, Andrew Brown wrote:
>
>> On 28/08/2006, at 6:51 AM, douglas edric stanley wrote:
>>
>>> There was a very inspiring book a few years back by Friends of Ed
>>> called 4x4 Generative Design. Many a student wore the binding down
>>> on that one until it was just leaflets. You probably all know of it
>>> as Adrian Ward was one of the authors, (...)
>>
>> I think Friends of Ed would be a good publisher to approach. (...)
>
> Yeah, Friends of Ed. Heh. They went bust. I don't think it was my
> fault. Anyway, they defaulted on the royalties.
>
> Well, count me in if a book looks likely. Happy to contribute both
> content and editorial effort, and I do think it'd be worth it if we
> can think of an inspirational way to get round the 'a book is not a
> performance' hiccup. The 4x4 approach was fun because it broke the
> publisher's instructional expectations, instead it turned out to be
> speculative and a bit vague, verging on becoming a call for action.
> Combining technical gore with radical rhetoric is definitely a winning
> formula.
>
> --
> Ade

HSDOM SOUND